DLTV is holding a professional learning day for teachers of VCE Computing on 3 March. Join with your colleagues and share knowledge about course plans and resources; approaches to teaching and preparing assessment tasks. Also hear from an expert about key project management processes and concepts relevant to the study design. The program will cater for all needs, whether you are a 'newbie' to VCE Computing or an experienced hand. The day will focus primarily on Unit 1 Computing, Unit 3 Informatics and Unit 3 Software Development, and specialist sessions will be offered in each of these.
Registrations for this event have now closed.
8.30 – 9.00am Registration- Level 1, Jasper Hotel, 489 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
9.00 – 9.10 Event commences
9.10 – 9.45am F-12 Curriculum (Digital Technologies, VCE Computing & VCE Algorithmics)
Phil Feain, VCAA
9.45 – 10.30am Project Management
Ian Searle, RMIT
10.30 – 11.00am Morning Tea
11.00 – 11.45am Break out sessions (choose one):
- Planning to teach Unit 1 Computing, Lisa Kerekes, Donvale Christian College.
- Planning to teach Unit 3 Informatics Phil Brown, Wellington Secondary College.
- Planning to teach Unit 3 Software Development, Claudia Graham, Overnewton Community College.
11.45am – 12.45pm Break out sessions (choose one):
- Planning to assess Unit 1 Computing, Lisa Kerekes
- Planning to assess Unit 3 Informatics, Phil Brown
- Planning to assess Unit 3 Software Development, Phil Feain
12.45 – 1.30pm Lunch
1.30pm – 2.15pm Writing rubrics, Phil Feain
2.15 – 3.00pm Break out sessions (choose one):
- Planning to teach Unit 1 Computing, Matthew Campbell, Haileybury College
- Planning to teach Unit 3 Informatics, Judy Zuccon, Aquinas College
- Planning to teach Unit 3 Software Development, Chris Paragreen, Kew High School
3.15 – 4.00pm Q & A Panel4.00pm Close